We value our community
At Boston Sand & Gravel, we take community service very seriously and our long history of dedicating our efforts to the community reflects that commitment. We believe that community work should remain an important and integral part of our professional obligations.
Some of our recent community activities and contributions include:
- Contributing to the Solar Boston program for renewable energy. BS&G installed a 109kW solar energy system at our Charlestown facility – gis.cityofboston.gov/solarboston/
- Supporting local environmental and safety groups including the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) with the community Fire Department; the Charles River Watershed Association; the Boston Harbor Association.
- Supporting educational programs for schools, scouts, colleges and young professionals by providing plant tours, equipment demonstration and informational materials on concrete and concrete production.
- Providing facility access and support to students from Mass College of Art in their production of a sci-fi film.
- Working with students of Emerson College in their production of a documentary on local companies using solar energy.
- Supporting Northeastern University’s student co-op program by hiring student interns.
- Donating concrete to Curio House. This zero energy prototype house was jointly designed and constructed for the Solar Decathlon by students of Tufts University and Boston Architectural College – http://www.livecurio.us/.
- Participating in local community events such as Charlestown Community Day, informing parents and children about concrete production and delivery and providing a “tour” of a concrete mixer.
- Sponsoring youth athletic teams.
- Using our concrete mixers as mobile billboards to showcase community events and local colleges.